Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Welcome to the hood...

I got a text from one of my Baby girl sisters, allow me to explain...she falls into this category in my head not because she is a baby in any way. She is about 20 years my junior, and according to Wendy Williams I am now a "woman of a particular age" LOL! Anyway she reached out to me the other day and asked me to come pray with her. In church on Sunday, our pastor spoke about the redwoods of California...apparently these trees can grow to heights of over 300 feet yet their roots only grow up to 3-4 feet deep. He went on to explain that even though the roots only go 3 feet deep, at that point they begin to grow outwardly and intertwine themselves with the other redwoods in the forest, thus making them indestructible to storms. You see as their roots connect and hold onto each other they continue to grow and soar into the air. Even after a tree dies in a lot of cases it will continue to stand because the roots of the other trees hold it up!
He used this illustration to show us that this is what happens when we lock arms and pray. As my sweet Baby girl sister reached out to me to come pray with her I was moved to tears. We prayed with and for each other and it was such a blessing to share that moment together. We women need to be like those redwoods...NO ONE LEFT BEHIND! We need to lock arms and hold each other up! Not only in prayer, but in EVERY way. Support HER dreams, help HER hold onto the vision God gave HER of what her family and marriage would look like. Remind her how FIERCE she is and if that man she's dating doesn't treat her like his QUEEN then he doesn't get a shot at being her King! Don't hold her to YOUR standard, kick her when she's down, lift her up, remind her that she too can be 300 feet tall! A warrior princess. Let her know she is NOT alone!
I'm asking you again to think about it, reach out to another sister today, take a moment to connect heart to heart...there are a lot of women facing ALOT of storms but if we hold each other up then then the words of Isaiah 54:17 will be true for us all...
" no weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed,
    and you shall refute every tongue that rises against you in judgment.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord
    and their vindication[a] from me, declares the Lord.”
I told ya'll yesterday I am not sure why I have to write these words, but I am sure that they need to be spoken. Today I locked arms and intertwined hearts with another amazing, smart, GORGEOUS sister. Someone God hand picked to be in my life. Another member of the forest...my hood, the SISTERHOOD. Be blessed...
 
-----TBYRD
#SISTERHOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment