Wednesday, April 2, 2014

PRAY!!!


This past Friday I was at work and received the call no parent wants to receive. The school nurse from daughter Spencer's school called saying that she was having a seizure and that an ambulance had been called. "Can you come to the school?" the Nurse asked. I told her I was on my way, hung up the phone and began heading for the nearest exit. As I grabbed my purse from my desk drawer, and rambled "I'm leaving, my babygirl is having a seizure." to my co-workers, I could feel the fear trying to rise. I told my lead supervisor "I have a customer on hold" and without logging out of my computer, or stopping to explain much more, I headed for the parking garage. Someone shouted "what can we do?" I yelled back "PRAY!!" One of my sweet Sisters walked with me, she offered to drive me, but I was in "Mama" mode. I began calling all the necessary players, my husband, my mother and...

"Oh Jesus" I said as I began pulling out of the parking lot. My hands were starting to shake, I could feel that moment of wanting to fall apart beginning to creep up on me. I knew I just needed SOMEBODY to pray with me at that moment. I KNEW in my heart my baby was going to be alright. I KNEW that we had dedicated her back to God before she could even talk, so He had her in the palm of His hand. I KNEW that the scripture guarantees me that NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME WILL PROSPER...I just needed SOMEONE to pray with me right then. I dialed one of my sisters and she didn't answer. I called my Big Sister Annette, who lives in Philadelphia, PA...She answered the phone "What's wrong?" (See, when God is in charge He orchestrates EVERY situation in our lives. Even the ones that we didn't see coming. Understand that my sister was ready!) I told her where I was and what was happening, she began praying. I immediately felt the Peace of God begin to flood the car. That feeling of being overwhelmed and afraid left me.  I love that bible verse "Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”...(Matt 18:19-21esv).

When I arrived at the school the EMT had checked Spencer out, he said her vitals were good, advised us to take her to her pediatrician. She had a headache, was a bit out of it, but the final results we got are that she is OK! The doctor said it was more than likely a virus that caused the episode she referred us to a pediatric cardiologist and we went to see him on Monday. He spoke the best words I ever heard "She is 100% fine. Her heart is perfect." She went back to school on Tuesday when I picked her up she said her tummy hurt. We had dinner and then my poor babygirl spent the rest of the night running to the bathroom to vomit. She finally fell asleep on the couch just before midnight. She slept through the night, but of course as her mother I didn't sleep much lol! This morning we took her back to the doctor, apparently there is some stomach virus going around. She will be just fine, Gatorade, toast and lot's of rest...the usual stuff. AAHHH! I just exhaled...

I am grateful to God that He takes care of us even in the midst of what could be the WORST moment of your life. Challenges arise, being a believer doesn't give us a pass on them. Jesus told us we would have trouble in this world. "I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]" (John 16:33 AMP)

What challenge are you facing today? What valley are you walking through? What mountain are you trying to climb? Maybe it's physical, do you or someone you love need a healing in their body? Perhaps it's financial, lost your job, can't make ends meet? Are you being tested spiritually? Is the enemy trying to get you to believe something about yourself other than what God says you are? I want to encourage you that NO MATTER what the test, you WILL emerge with a TESTIMONY! You are not in this fight alone. Lean into Him today. Reach out to a prayer partner, don't be afraid to say out loud "I need you to pray for me". It's like pulling the fire alarm or breaking that piece of glass that says "break in case of emergency." When we join together in prayer, Heaven responds with joy, and sends you the strength you need to weather any storm. Our prayers also put the enemy on notice that he has ALREADY been defeated.

Don't have a prayer partner you can call? Let me pray for you:

Dear Father, I come to you in the name of your son Jesus, I ask that you will bless my Sister as she reads this today. Lord I call upon your angels to minister comfort, and peace to her. I ask that you will give her wisdom as she walks through this season of her life. May she feel your hand upon her even now. Where there is sickness I speak complete healing, if there is lack in her home, I speak divine provision, if her spirit is crying out for more I ask that you will fill every void and draw her close to you. Make her the WOMAN OF GOD you designed and chose her to be. Let the light of your love fill her heart to overflowing! I decree a blessing that makes rich and adds no sorrow to it. Thank you Lord, Amen.

Remember my Sister, no one is perfect, we are all walking this journey together and we need each other to lock arms with one another, to hold each other up.. Always remember  I LOVE YOU! <3 and when all else fails PRAY!!!

---TBYRD
# SISTERHOOD



 

3 comments:

  1. Words to encourage and bless others. Thank you for allowing Our Father, to use the gift He has placed in you to show His glorious grace. Keep giving the words He gives you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad this this was a blessing to you!

      Delete